I came home from the grocery store the other day and this is what greeted me on the sidewalk into our house. (Just so you know,..I DID NOT put these on my daughter! I won't even touch them. Gabe loved putting these on her shirt. I even had a hard time getting them off!)
This is what they turn into!! This is a HUGE moth, by the way. It's hard to tell in this picture, but trust me, it is!
A little bit ago, we had a sudden swarm of these guys. They completely ate this one tree until all that was left were knobby stumps for branches. They even started eating the stumps. Then, they left. They were gone as quickly as they came. We tried to keep one as a pet for a little bit, but later let it go. Too much poop.





6 comments:
oh man - those things are some creepy crawlers! I wondered what they turned into...
Gabe is one brave girl to let those things climb all over her!
I always wondered what they looked like as a butterfly, beautiful!
Brave little girl you have. We tried to keep a caterpillar, but it died in its cacoon. Hudson was so sad, so its a good thing you got rid of it before it died! Looks like fun out there, happy anniversary in 2 weeks!
Wow...Gabe is pretty brave to let those things crawl all over her. They're pretty worms, but not so pretty moths. I really like the picture you took of the two on the leaf...it's beautiful!
Casey, your blog is beautiful! I am so impressed with your photography. I love keeping updated. Gabe is getting so big! How fun for you all to be in such an exotic place. Keep the posts coming!
Hey guys!
That is so funny about the bugs! I remember coming home and finding a cricket like 6 inches long by our door. We named him Jimminy and after a few days...he was gone too. So, when do you guys come home again?
Post a Comment