Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Tag, your it!

Gabe was tagged by her cousin, Bailey!




































She has always been such a Daddy's girl!

















Her first time getting hit by the sprinkler and cold water.







































The first time we went to the ocean, we couldn't keep Gabe away from the water! She would just run straight to it over and over and over.












This picture was taken just after a meltdown.....you can still see the little tears in her eyes. What a cute, little bug. (Gotta love that tummy.)




















This was Gabe's mad face when she was little. It made me laugh everytime.





































Eating one of her favorite foods,...tomatoes. Mommy was very happy about her choice of food!

Gabe (a.k.a. Chipawah, Pumpkin head, Bug, Boosha (don't ask me why we have given her some of these nicknames, they just fit.)

Eye color: blue- Who would have known.

Hair color: brown

Fav movie: "Barbie and the Magic of Pegasus" or Swan Lake (yes, the real ballet version).

Fav TV show: "Backyardigans" or "The Pink Panther" (gotta love Boomerang)

Fav book: "Disney Princesses" We ordered her a book that incorporated her name in the Disney princess stories and she would have us read it to her every night if we let her.

Fav place to go: Poppa's house and to see cousin Finn.

Fav restaurant: Anywhere with chicken nuggets.

Fav food: Again chicken nuggets, ice cream and peas.

Fav candy: Anything with chocolate

Fav color: Green or Pink.

Fav song: "Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam."

Fav game: Beehive (She got it for her Birthday; it's where you put little bees in a hive and try not to make then drop down the tree trunk when you pull out the tree leaves)

Fav cereal: "Honey Nut Cherrios"

When I was looking through all the different pictures I have of Gabe I honestly was laughing one minute, crying the next, smiling my face off and enjoying every minute of it! Gabe is such a beautiful little gal. She has always been very bright and lately her creative side has really been taking off. She loves to explain stories to us and tell us in very precise detail, all these crazy things that come out of her little imagintation! I love it! I think this is a really fun age.

Gabe has been developing a talent in drawing, coloring & painting lately.
She loves to take sidewalk chalk and draw all over everything. Sometimes, even cars. Don't tell my parents I said that though,...(don't worry it washes off easy). Anyways, for the past couple of mornings, she has woken up and immediately put on her ballet shoes, pink leotard and tutu she got for her birthday. She loves to go dance upstairs on her tiptoes (I am going to post some pictures soon).

Gabe has such a loving heart for any type of animal as well. Right now, we are nursing a little bird back to health and Gabe loves to help feed him and put him on her finger. She also loves dogs and cats and any other living thing, including worms. Crazy, I know. She has been having a wonderful summer in Utah and has found a new love in playing with all her fun friends. She always tells me, "Mommy, can I go to Shelly's house?" That is our neighbor who has three of the most darling little girls ever! Gabe loves to go play with them and see Shelly as well.

I know Gabe will really go somewhere in her life, because she has always been very independant. She is one of those kids that doesn't mind time by herself. She has always been able to use her mind and play on her own just fine. Sometimes, I think that she is so old now, and I can't believe how fast the time has flown! I hope I can really remember to grasp each moment and not let them slip by without me noticing. I really am so grateful, to have been blessed with such a precious little spirit!
Gabe tags Ethan, Finn & Jayson and Sara.


3 comments:

Mardi and Jeremey said...

She is so adorable. She is getting so big! I love the picture with the tights. Chicken nuggets and honey nut cheerios....she is my kind of girl.

carrie said...

Yay! It was so fun to look at pics of Gabe when she was little and learn some new things about her. What baby's favorite food is tomatoes!?! Wow! She is so cute...love the pic of her running to the ocean with Renny behind her. She looks so tiny in that picture. Thanks for sharing!

Tara said...

I love seeing old pics of Gabe. It reminds me of all those times I used to babysit her! I had so much fun with her. She is such a sweetheart! I am really going to miss you all when you go back. Gavin loves Gabe! He will miss her too!