Monday, December 14, 2009

She is here!!!


She weighed 5 lbs and 15 oz!
19 inches long!

We welcomed Piper Wren McDaniel into this world, yesterday at 9am!! We are so excited she decided to finally come! She was smaller than I ever thought she would be, weighing in at 5lbs 15 oz and was 19 inches long. She is a little firecracker already and can turn a bright red when she gets really hungry. he! Luckily, Ren flew in Saturday night and was able to be here for her birth, which is all I could have ever asked for! I am so, so, so, so happy he made it safely and was here in time. :)

The delivery:

I started having contractions around 1:20am Sunday morning and decided to head to the American Fork Hospital around 4:30am. We got to the hospital around 4:45am and they decided to keep me since I was already dialated to a 5 1/2. I had some major back labor and got an epidural, which was heavenly, around 6:15am. After the epidural, I had some green jello,...which is very important, since we hadn't had any breakfast and I was losing energy fast. ha! At about 8:35am my water broke and after pushing for 15 min. she was born at 9am! Everything went really, really well and we are so blessed that she is a healthy little gal!

25 comments:

Ashley said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! She is beautiful. I am glad that Renny made it to be there with you.

Justin & Ashlee said...

Oh my goodness! Congratulations! She is so tiny, but GORGEOUS! So glad Renny made it back safely. I am sure you are all exhausted. What a great little Christmas present!

Rhiannon said...

Congrats! She is so cute & tiny!

Rhiannon said...

Congrats! She is so cute & tiny!

Maria said...

Congrats you guys! She is so gorgeous. Love her little red bow. I thought she was due later this week.....guess she could not wait. That is great that Renny made it....that probably means Liat did a good job with his flight. You guys look so happy!

Just Katy said...

What a beautiful baby! She and you look wonderful. Congratulations!

Sara and Dustin said...

Oh Casey, she is so beautiful. Not many newborns are beautiful but Piper has managed it! She and Gabe definitely look like sisters. Congratulations!! I'm so glad Renny made it - you guys look so great. I'm just thrilled for you!! I hope I can meet her sometime soon!

bentanelle said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful, and I love the name! Have a great Christmas together back as a family!

Janae Wise said...

Beautiful baby! Congrats. You're a proud mama, I'm so happy for you! Are you back in Utah now then?

Jayson & Sara said...

We're so happy for you all! She's just beautiful! We can't wait to meet her. And we're so happy Renny made it just in time. She must have waited just so her daddy could be there!

Denzil and Brittany said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful. Glad everything went well. Give her a big squeeze from the Hill family and tell Gabe congrats and we know she will be a great big sister.

Lauren and Chase said...

Congrats Casey and Renny!!! We are so happy for you all! So glad Ren made it in for the delivery! Casey, you are beautiful!! So glad everything went well!
I cannot wait to meet little Piper when we all return to Grenada! She is darling!!!

Brittany and Cody said...

Congratulations..I'm glad that Renny made it home in time!

beth said...

Congratulations! She is perfect!

Anonymous said...

We are happy for you. What a sweet looking baby. Merry Christmas to your family!

Julie Winckler said...

Wow, we can't believe that timing! Congratulations to both of you, she is beautiful!

Maria said...

she is unbelievably beautiful. Congrats! And I LOVE the name!

Kuulei and Nick said...

She is SO gorgeous... I love her little pink lips, she resembles Gabe so much! We are so happy and so excited for you guys!

Derek and Sarah said...

Congrats! Glad to hear Mom & baby are doing well! I am happy Renny made it back just in time for the birth! I hope your family has a wonderful Christmas!

Sean and Kristina Kelly said...

Yay!!! I'm so glad he made it in time! Congrats you guys!!

Heather said...

Congrats lady! coming over tomorrow to see her!

Bale Family said...

She is perfect! Congrats! I'm so happy you and your beautiful baby are doing great! I really want to see you before you go away again! I'll call you next week after the craziness of the holidays settles down!

Amanda said...

Casey, she is absolutely perfect! She has so much of Gabe in her it will be fun to see what she looks like as she grows up.
I'm glad Ren made it for the big event and I'm sure you're happy to have his help.
If you want to get together any time before you guys head back let me know. Dyson still talks about Gabe all the time and would love to see her. I hope you guys have a Merry Christmas and good luck with all your upcoming travels.

P.S. Tell Renny thanks for letting Jas crash at your apartment. It was good for Jas to have some company and not have to front the whole rent for and apt.

Banks Family said...

Congrats, glad Renne made it in time! What a little doll, she is so cute and tiny!

Lindsey Walker said...

Congrats on the beautiful, healthy baby girl! Love the name too!