Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Christmas Time at the Brey's!

Home for the holidays!
The "Dicken's Christmas Village!"




One thing I love about being home with family for the holiday's, are all the fun decorations that have been gathered over the years! Growing up, my Dad would always put up this fun little village for us to all gaze at...some years he would put it up, and other's he didn't. It would take a lot of work and effort to lay out the design, make the wood structure underneath, and wire all the lights, etc. I was so excited when he said he was going to be putting up the "Dicken's Village" again this year! I knew that Gabe would love looking at all the little people, just like I did when I was a kid. So I thought I would post some pictures of how incredibly lovely our living room is. One of my favorite things is to turn off all the lights, except for the Christmas ones, and relax in our living room.
Another fun thing, Gabe & I have been doing, is growing our own Christmas tree. Of course, it won't be big enough for this Christmas, but it has been fun planting the tiny seeds and watering it everyday, and finally seeing a little sprig come shooting through! I even tried to smell it and thought I caught the tiniest whiff of pine...mmm. He's a cute little guy, so I thought I would post a picture of him too!

2 comments:

Sara and Dustin said...

It's all so pretty! I seriously love Christmas time with all the lights and decorations. It makes it way better being with family, too. What a fun project to grow your own Christmas tree!

carrie said...

Awww...memories....I also always loved Dad's little village. Wish we could be there to soak it all in!