Thursday, August 20, 2009

Random days on an island.

20 weeks! I feel like I am getting way too big way too fast. And, I am only half way there! And,...this is where the sidewalk ends.

Sometimes, the families that I take pictures of, like to send me home with all types of yummy fruit! This particular day, I had gone to check out someone's home to get a feel for where I would like to take their pictures. They had this incredible garden and all different types of flowers that I have never even seen! The Mother grabbed a grocery bag and told Gabe & I start picking these "Star fruits" or else they would just go bad. So we came home with two bags of fruit! This is how the fruit looks after you cut it. It comes out in these beautiful little stars! Pretty yummy too!

One Saturday, we decided to go to a new beach we had never gone to before, and drive 30 min. to LaSagasse (La-Sa-jess). It was so much fun!! There were these little waves that were continuously rolling in, so we rented some boogie boards and let Gabe have a go! I was surprised that she kept on doing it, even after the water would splash up in her face. She has always hated it in the past when water gets in her face. Least to say, I was a proud mama hen!

WATCH OUT! Here they come.

This is my new little venue for bringing in some moola. I like to make earrings when I just have one of those days and don't know what to do, so I had some friends bring back down a little rack I bought and decided to try and sell these in the hair salon next to our apartment. Our landlord owns the salon, so I thought it might work. :) Keep your fingers crossed,...and your toes,...and your eyes.

And that's it for randomness in Grenada.

3 comments:

Sara and Dustin said...

I love seeing your belly pictures. It makes me so happy that you post them. It's so funny hearing that La Sagasse is only 30 minutes away. When you're on the island that seems so far but back here 30 minute is no big deal. Good luck with the earrings. I'm sure you'll sell a bunch.

Justin & Ashlee said...

You look great Casey! Looks like you guys have been having a lot of fun. I am so glad you finally made it to La Sagesse. It is one of my favorite beaches...just so different from all the others.

Jayson & Sara said...

So cute Casey! You look so tiny for 20 weeks! Are you guys still doing the warm-up? I'm sure it's getting harder for you! But that's awesome! And I love the little earing rack. Just perfect! Tell Gabe and Renny hi! We miss you guys.