Thursday, September 9, 2010

Our home.

This is what our home pretty much looked like until about 6 days ago...

(This is our living room/dining room..we were literally getting flat bums from eating our meals on the floor every day. It was sad,...and hard.)


(Gabe and Piper's room!)
Last week, people would have thought we were crazy, as we spent every waking minute running around collecting furniture before Ren started his rotations on Monday (the 7th). I mean, it was literally nuts, how much we were out and about picking up furniture, and free X-mas tree's, and anything else that would help our bare little abode out.
My brain seriously hurt, from trying to read the GPS all day and concentrating so hard on all the tiny road signs and not turning right on a red light, yada, yada, yada...and now it is over. Whew! We have finally furnished our home. And, I am at peace with my findings. Craigslist is a beautiful thing & I have come to better understand the word haggle.
One of my favorite things we bought, which was actually one of the few, not purchased from craigslist, is our giant, living room rug. Since every room has wood floors, which is nice, but hard on my tired feet, I thought it was important to invest in a nice, soft, plush rug. I found this beautiful artifact, while shopping at Costco...it was like a little ray of sunlight was shining on this particular rug, as it stood straight up in a large container. I ran my hand over it and knew this was the rug we would buy, no matter the cost. And, it was worth every penny. Feel free to come visit, just to walk on my rug; it is that sweet.

4 comments:

Zane and Lexi said...

fun skyping you tonight ;)
now I wanna see pics of the finished product!!

Julie Winckler said...

I am spending every minute scouring Craigslist. We're not done yet, still sleeping on the air mattress. But things are coming together. Thank goodness for the GPS! I know this part of Jersey a lot better now.

bentanelle said...

welcome to NJ!! I know it is a little late, but still we are excited you guys are here! We have been moving this week but maybe next week we can get together! we love all the farms also would you guys be up for going again??

carrie said...

Hey Case...Mom and I enjoyed reading your recent posts...your writing made us laugh. So, where is the rug? Post a picture!