Sunday, September 13, 2009

My latest craving..


Sweet Italy, originally uploaded by Casey McDaniel.

I call this my "Sweet Italy." I ate it about a week ago and ever since then whenever I think about it, I want it. It is so fresh, simple, organic and delicious. It tastes soooo good to me! If you decide you want to try it, all you need is:

1- Big, juicy, red tomato
1- Block of FRESH, "Whole Milk Mozzarella Cheese" (I get the "Polly-o" kind here in Grenada)
1- Fresh Basil leaf (we picked this little guy from our garden)
- A drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste

And Viola! A delicate, masterpiece ready to be savored slowly.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I had a roommate once that used to make this for me all the time, except she drizzled red wine vinegar on it. Amazing.

Shauna said...

Love this dish! I have been craving something similar, except I drizzle balsamic vinegar over the top! Yummy!

FinnSatch said...

In Italy, they call it the Caprese Salad. It was our favorite when we were there. What makes it better is buffalo mozzarella balls. They are amazing. I'll make you the Italian version when you get here.