Saturday, May 17, 2008

Belmont Estates!









We went to the Belmont Estates yesterday and had a really fun time! The bus ride up wasn't as fun (Gabe threw up right when we got off), but besides that, it was neat to see how they make chocolate in Grenada! We also got to see some turtles, a monkey, a parrot named Rainbow and an iguana! Gabe loved the parrot! Probably because he could sing Happy Birthday to you. The process of making chocolate takes quite a while. The Grenadians still walk through the cocoa beans to shift them around so they all get the proper sunlight and dry evenly. That's what Gabe & I are doing in the last picture! (The two men in the stalls were rotating the cocoa beans during the fermentation process.)




6 comments:

Denzil and Brittany said...

I need to start hiring you to take pics when we go out and about. Your pics look great. What a fun day!

beth said...

I was just looking at my pictures of yesterday when I saw this blog. I agree with Brittany. You're pictures are always so awesome!

Bale Family said...

I love your pics! They are beautiful! What a fun place to live for awhile! It looks like an adventure!

Justin & Ashlee said...

Looks like you guys had fun!

Amanda said...

We went to the Belmont Estates last year and we didn't get to see any of the fun animals you did, nor did we get to walk the cocoa. What fun. I am jealous.
Hope we get to see you when you come for a visit.

Dartay said...

Casey, it's the moffitts! We didn't realize you had a blog till now but we're excited to see what you guys are up to! Gabe is such a little cutie! Also, your pictures are seriously amazing! Let us know the next time you're down in Utah so we can hire you to do our family picture! Hope all is well, you guys look great.